So again we're starting with the next easiest sewing - nice straight lines in the skirt. Now because our robe is sheer, we'll be using French seams - basically we sew each seam twice. Once wrong side to wrong side for 3/8", we then press and cut down the seam allowance, flip it round to encase the raw edge and sew 1/4" line and press.
To attach the panels of our skirt, we'll be using a French seam, here's how to do that.
- Pin with WRONG sides together.
- Stitch 3/8" seam allowance, press and trim it down.
- Flip it over and sew 1/4" seam. Press the seam towards the back.
4. Let's attach our shortest front pieces to the next shortest front pieces. So we have Front Skirt (Short)and Front Skirt (Longer) attached together and then the same on the other side. Press the seams towards the back.
5. Let's sew a Side Skirt Front to our Front Skirt (Longer). And the same on the other side. Press seams to the back.
6. Sew a Skirt Side Back to our Skirt Side Front. And the same on the other side. Press seams to the back.
7. Sew each side to our Skirt Back so we have one long skirt. Press seams to the back.
8. We are going to be gathering the skirt pieces, so run a gathering stitch (long machine stitch eg 4 on your machine) from the first side skirt piece all the way around the skirt to the other side front piece, one at 3/8" and one 1/8" away from the first.
9. Et viola! We have a skirt!